|Length of Training||: Two days|
|Type of Training||: Two Day Workshop|
Individuals and business professional who want to develop and improve their facilitation skills.
Individuals, teams and organisations are faced with complex challenges, which are often evident and yet difficult to define and resolve. Thinking is often clouded by a multiplicity of agendas and perspectives which, together with the complexities of the issue itself, often contributes to a lack of focus and performance. The process of effective facilitation harnesses the power of the collective knowledge of a group to define challenges, find solutions, set action plans and achieve objectives. Therefore, the facilitator must provide structure and direct the process so that the group is able to achieve its goal while at the same time managing the diversity of perspectives, views, and agendas.
“The facilitator’s job is to support everyone to do their best thinking. To do this, the facilitator encourages full participation, promotes mutual understanding, and cultivates shared responsibility.” — Facilitator’s Guide to Participatory Decision-Making (Sam Kaner, et. al.)
This course is focused on the process of facilitation as well as the underlying principles thereof. It includes approaches, methods and techniques to facilitate processes that simplify complex challenges, and it enables facilitators to harness diversity and creativity to promote shared understanding and optimal results. Furthermore, this course prepares facilitators to deal with difficult people and situations.
In this course you will learn how to:
- use theories and processes underlying facilitation
- perform the role of the effective facilitator
- consider the context of the situation in the facilitation process
- apply appropriate techniques in preparation for a facilitated process
- apply processes that accommodate the phases of awareness through which participants gain perspective and understanding
- recognise and adapt to the interpersonal dynamics and process through which groups move during facilitation
- apply appropriate techniques, skills, and methods in dealing with difficult issues
IN ADDITION YOU WILL GET TO:
Practice your facilitation skills in a safe learning environment
Disclaimer: Presenters and attendees of all CPD activities must please note that the attainment of continuing education units (CEUs) does not licence any professional to practice outside their official scope of practice. CEUs are intended to broaden the knowledge of professionals but do not constitute professional training.
Upcoming EQ-i 2.0 Events
|Venue||CEUs||Fee (Inc. VAT)||Status||Target Audience||Action|