We are not always as rational as we think. The decisions we make are often unconscious, irrational reactions to our environment, sometimes to the detriment of our goals. Practicing emotional intelligence is not just about social skills. It all starts with cultivating awareness of yourself, others and your environment so as to position yourself optimally to achieve your goals. Being emotionally intelligent is about perceiving, reasoning, understanding and managing emotions as it informs our thinking and action. As such it is a cornerstone of success in any social skill. This framework forms the basis of our social skills courses.
Basic Emotional Competencies
Applied Emotional Competencies (1 - 2 day workshops)
- Stress and Lifestyle Balance
- Dealing with difficult people
- Delight your customers
- Managing your time and energy
- Be a great mentor
- Developing your decision-making and judgment
- Navigate your way through conflict
- Managing People Effectively
- Successful Facilitation
- Other courses available from JvR Academy
- Emotional Intelligence stand-alone eLearning programme. This course can be combined with facilitated sessions to support your current programmes. eLearning delivers consistent content; live sessions apply the information.