WAIS-IV SA UPDATES AND TIPS
The Wechsler Adult Intelligence Scales have undergone various adaptations over the years. The latest version,
the WAIS-IV has recently been standardised for the South African population. The purpose of this 1-day
workshop is to discuss the structure of the assessment and the research that was done to create South African
norms. Basic principles in the administration and scoring of the instrument will be discussed and practiced.
Workshop participants will gain further insight into what the test measures, and how to interpret the scores by
means of in-depth case study discussions. Although participants will have the opportunity to apply their own
knowledge and skills when interpreting the profiles of these cases, interpretation guidelines will be provided and
handouts will help to facilitate the process.
At the end of this workshop, delegates will be able to:
- briefly discuss the history of the WAIS instrument and its structure
- refer to the standardisation process in South Africa
- cite South African research
- have an understanding of how to administer the WAIS IV SA
- have an understanding of how to score the WAIS IV SA
- Interpret the test results by using two case studies.
|Type||Venue||CEUs||Fee (Inc. VAT)||Status||Target Audience||Action|